This recipe is based on Crystal’s Lazy Granola. It is easy and delicious.
Gluten Free Lazy Granola
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 C coconut oil
- 1 C honey
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon (we like cinnamon, so you may want to reduce this)
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 13 C gluten free oats
- 2-3 C dried fruit (optional)
- 1-2 C nuts (optional)
- Mix brown sugar, oil, and honey in a small saucepan being to a low boil. Once boiling, remove from heat.
- Stir in cinnamon, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Pour sugar mixture over gluten free oats in a large bowl. Mix until oats are well coated. Stir in nuts, if desired.
- Grease jelly roll pans (I used 2 9X13 pans). Spread oat mixture in pans.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes. Take out and stir. Return to pans to oven. Turn off oven. All granola to sit in oven for several hours.
- Pull out and cool completely. Break into pieces. Add dried fruit, if desired. Place in quart-sized bags. Eat immediately or store in freezer to eat later.
Yield: 5 quart-sized ziploc bags
This post is part of Gluten Free Wednesdays.