Gluten Free Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- 1/2 C butter, melted
- 1/2 C honey
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 3 C gluten free oats (substitute Bob’s Red Mill Mighty Tasty GF Hot Cereal if you can’t do oats)
- 1 1/2 C buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon (use less if you don’t like cinnamon as much as we do)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 C raisins, dried fruit, chopped apples, nuts… (optional)
- The night before, combine butter, honey, sugar, gf oats, and buttermilk in a bowl. Soak overnight.
- The next morning, add the cinnamon, eggs, baking powder, salt, and optional ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 11X7 pan, smooth out so it bakes evening.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Cut into bars. Enjoy!