This simple dish has quickly become a favorite around our house. The original idea came from our neighbor. A few quick modifications lead to this version. This is not an overly spicy dish. If you want more heat, just add more chilies and/or seasoning. You could easily add some seasonal veggies to add more flavor/color.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can corn
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- tortilla chips or flat bread (optional)
- cooked brown rice (optional)
- Blend 1 can diced tomatoes with 2 Tbsp taco seasoning to make a “sauce”.
- Drain kidney beans, black beans, corn, chilies.
- Dump the sauce, kidney beans, black beans, corn, and chilies into crockpot.
- Add chicken breast. Push them down so they are covered with the veggie/tomato mixture.
- Cook at low heat for at least 5 hours.
- About an 2 hours prior to eating, remove chicken breast and shred. Put back in pot and continue to cook.
- Top with cheese and sour cream.
- Serve with tortilla chips or flat bread.
- Serve over rice.
This post is part of What Can I Eat That’s Gluten Free?