How Do We Know The Bible Is True? Volume 1
General Editors: Ken Ham & Bodie Hodge
How Do We Know The Bible Is True is a compilation effort of Tim Chaffey, Brian Edwards, Steve Fazekas, James Gardner, Ken Ham, Steve Ham, Bodie Hodge, Jason Lisle, John MacArthur, Jobe Martin, Robert McCabe, Tommy Mitchell, Terry Mortenson, Roger Patterson, Georgia Purdom, Herb Samworth, and Paul Taylor. These authors and defenders of faith have come together to provide a resource to help answer questions about God’s Word.
In How Do We Know The Bible Is True? the following topics are covered:
- Introduction: What Does Biblical Authority Have to Do with Today’s Church and Culture?
- How Do We Know The Bible Is True?
- Is the Old Testament Reliable?
- Is the New Testament Reliable?
- Did the Physical Resurrection of Christ Really Happen?
- Is Genesis a Derivation from Ancient Myths?
- Is the Trinity Three Different Gods?
- How Were People Saved Before Christ Died on the Cross?
- Did Moses Write Genesis?
- Did Miracles Really Happen?
- How to Do “Foolproof” Apologetics
- How Should We Interpret the Bible?
- What about the Factual Claims in The Da Vinci Code?
- How Did We Get the Bible in English?
- Polygamy in the Light of Scripture
- Evolution and the Challenge of Morality
- Three Days and Three Nights
- Framework Hypothesis
- Laminin and the Cross
- How Can We Stand on Scripture in an Evolution-Pushing Culture?
- Is the Perpetual Virginity of Mary a Biblical View?
- Why Should We Believe in the Inerrancy of Scripture?
- Are There Contradictions in the Bible?
- Is There Purpose and Meaning in Life?
- Evolution? – the Anti-Science?
- Other Religious Writings: Can They Be from God, Too?
- How to Properly View Evidence
- Is the Age of the Earth a Salvation Issue?
- Afterward: Why I Am Committed to Teaching the Bible
…how do we know that 2 Timothy 3:16 is true? ‘Well, it’s in the Bible,’ some might say. But how do we know the Bible is true? ‘Because 2 Timothy 3:16 assures us that it is.’ This is a vicious circular argument. It must first arbitrarily assume the very thing it is trying to prove. Circular reasoning of this type (while technically valid) is not useful in a debate because it does not prove anything beyond what it merely assumes….
Even having studied and read books and various forms of literature on this topic, I walked away from this book having a better understanding and more knowledge about not only the Bible, but also some of the different arguments facing Christians today. I did not know about several of the different theories that were presented or even the history of some of the evolutionary theories that are currently being taught. It was an eye-opener to see some of the information that is currently out there being taught as fact. Sadly, too many people have bought into the religion of evolution without even realizing that it is, in fact, a faith-based idea just like Christianity. Neither creation nor evolution can be proven by observable science, to it takes faith to believe in either one.
Whether we have faith in creation (and the Bible) or evolution, we need to be able to defend our beliefs, our faith. How Do We Know the Bible is True? will help answer some of the questions and enable a better defense of the Christian faith and the Bible. It should not be viewed at an in-depth study of any one topic. Instead, it’s an overview to help readers get the big picture which can then help with digging deeper into the topics as desired.
About the Book:
Today there are untold voices in print, on television, and online calling for our attention that mock or belittle Christian faith. The tone has become one of reproach, disparaging the character of God and undermining the authority of the Bible. For those who have a heart for God, it can be indimidating and discouraging. How Do We Know The Bible Is True? is based upon the absolute authority of God’s Word, not man-centered explainations. Clearly presented, it will help bring clarity in a world filled with increasingly vague notions of truth. Within the pages you will find responses to questions of faith, helping to build confidence in God’s Word.
I received a copy of this book from MasterBooks/New Leaf Publishing to help facilitate the writing of a frank and honest review. A positive review is not guaranteed, and all opinions are my own. This post may contain affiliate links.