Gluten Free Pierogies
- 2 C gluten free flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs + 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 1/4 C butter
- warm water
- Start boiling a pot of water.
- Combine butter and gluten free flour until butter is pea-sized.
- Add salt, eggs, and sour cream.
- If needed, add warm water to form dough that is soft, but not sticky. (You may or may not need the water.)
- Roll out dough to 1/8″ to 1/4″ thickness.
- Use cookie cutter, biscuit cutter, or cut to create circles of dough.
- Fill using favorite filling (we use a potato & cheese mixture). Use about 1 Tbsp of the mixture.
- Fold dough over filling (we the edges with the warm water) and seal.
- Drop in boiling water. Cook for 3-4 minutes until pierogies float to the top of the water.
- If desired, fry the pierogies. Serve with sour cream.
Potato filling: we used mashed potatoes with sour cream, cheese, and bacon mixed in.
This post is part of Gluten-Free Wednesdays