Nutty Gluten Free Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1/4 C sorghum flour
- 1/4 C almond flour
- 1/4 C brown rice flour
- 1/4 C teff flour
- 1/4 C amaranth flour
- 1/2 C tapioca starch
- 1/4 C potato starch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 C coconut sugar (you can use regular sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 C butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 C sour cream
- 1 C nuts (walnuts & pecans are a favorite mix here)
- 1/4 C coconut sugar or white sugar
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 C chopped nuts (keep separate from the other nuts)
Icing Drizzle: (These are approximate as I just add sugar until the right consistency)
- 1-2 Tbsp cream (almond milk or regular milk can be used)
- 1/3 C powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking dish.(I used 1 lb. loaf pan.)
- Combine dry ingredients in one bowl until well mixed.
- Combine wet ingredients in a different bowl until well mixed.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Beat until well mixed. Set aside.
- Place filling ingredients into food processor (or blender). Pulse until it reaches the consistency you desire.
- Pour half of your batter into the pan. Spread out the batter as it can be thick. Sprinkle half of your nut mixture over the batter. Pour/spread the rest of your batter over the nut mixture. Top with the remaining nut mixture. Top with additional chopped nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- While your cake is baking, make your icing drizzle. Combine the cream and vanilla, slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
- Allow cake to cool for a few minutes. Drizzle with icing.
Note: The coconut sugar will give the batter a brown tint.