These easy gluten free chocolate cake cookies are one of the first cookies that I baked by myself as a kid. You can use a homemade cake mix or a boxed mix.
- 1 gluten free chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 C. coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp. water
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup add-ins (chocolate chips, nuts, m&ms…)
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- By hand, mix together cake mix, oil, water, and eggs.
- Stir in mix-ins.
- Drop tablespoons of cookie dough onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Cook 10-12 minutes until edges are light brown.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes on cookie sheet before moving to a cooling rack to completely cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Use different types of cake mixes to create different flavors of cookies.
- Place softened ice cream between cookies and freeze to create ice cream sandwiches.
This recipe was featured in The Christian Home issue 41.