Using Jule’s gluten free challah bread recipe, I made two braided round challah bread loaves. We ate one of them on Friday, and I decided that I would use the other one to make a special treat for Christmas. We all thought it turned out really well and tasted delicious.
Gluten Free Strawberries & Cream Challah Dessert Recipe
- 1 gluten free challah bread loaf
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbsp powdered sugar
- chocolate syrup (for drizzling)
- powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Strawberries (sliced)
- Slice loaf of bread in half to create a top and bottom for your dessert creation.
- Whip together heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar to create fresh whipped cream.
- Place a layer of whipped cream on top of the bottom of your challah loaf.
- Layer with sliced strawberries. Repeat with twice to create delicious, beautiful whipped cream and strawberry layers.
- Top with the top piece of your challah loaf. Drizzle with chocolate sauce and dust with powdered sugar.
- Slice and serve.
Serving suggestions: place in bowl and pour a little milk in the bowl with the dessert.