Gluten Free Soft, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 C butter, softened
- 6 Tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 C gluten free flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 C chocolate chips
- 1/2 C chopped nuts (optional)
- Mix together gluten free flour, baking soda, baking powder, and xanthan gum.
- In separate bowl, cream together cream cheese and sugars. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture until thoroughly mixed. This will be a soft, slightly sticky dough.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (if desired).
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees F. Edges will be golden brown. Do not over bake!
- Allow to cool slightly on cookie sheet. Move to cooling rack to cool completely.
These are soft, chewy not overly sweet cookies.