Cheese Quiche with Hash Brown Crust
- 3 C shredded hash browns
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup cream
- ¾ cup cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon potato flour
- 2 teaspoons spicy mustard
- ¼ teaspoon minced onion
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease pie pan.
- Place shredded potatoes in pie pan to create crust. Brush with butter.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees F.
- In a blender, combine all remaining ingredients except Parmesan cheese. Pour into potato crust. (Don’t overfill. Place any remaining mixture in a greased baking dish and bake.)
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve.
This post is part of Tuesday Tastes.